This is Josh and Elder Halverson, his trainer. The church building was an old doctor's office.
This is Josh with his "good friend" Samuel Smith.
This is the Shanondoah River. I think it looks really pretty in the picture, but Josh says it's actually rather gross.This is just an update on my missionary. Elder Crandell has been serving in a little town in Virginia called Stanley. Stanley is a small town of only about 1500 people. His apartment is pretty small and not what you'd call nice (but then again he is a missionary, so what else is new?) and there is a train that goes by about 3 times a night that is only 15 feet outside his window! He sent me tape and had me listen to a "small one"! It didn't seem very small to me at all, and it was VERY loud! Anyway he likes it there, but he says everyone is pretty set in their Baptist ways. They only have 18 active members in the branch, but they have given away a few copies of the Book of Mormon, and they go tracting A LOT! He is doing well. He likes his companion for the most part, although he said sometimes he's tempted to throw him off a cliff when no one is watching. Haha. No, they really do get along alright. They just aren't the greatest friends in the world. He hasn't told me any incredibly neat stories yet, but I'll be sure to write them down when I hear them! As for now, here are some pictures. Sorry, I don't know how to get it so the pictures will be beneath all the writing, unless I re-type everything above the pictures. So this will have to do.




2 comments:
Hey Andrea,
Thanks for the update! Glad Josh is doing well! Love ya sis!
Melissa
Awe, how fun! I love getting pictures! YES! That is awesome. I am glad you got some. Dude, that train deal does not sound fun at all. haha! Poor guy! Well i am glad to hear he is good! that is awesome! Well i love ya girl!
Post a Comment