Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My Crazy Life in a Nut Shell!

Ok, so I have to start out as of a few weeks ago. As far as most of you know Josh broke up with me and that was the end of things with us...that's not exactly true.
A few days after Elder Crandell "Dear Janed" me, he "Un-Dear Janed" me. He said he realized that he couldn't live without me and he didn't know why he had even written that other letter. He wanted things to go back to how they were.
It was then that I had to do the hardest thing I'd ever done. I wrote Josh a "We're still broken up" letter. I knew that this was not coincidence, but an answer to our prayers. I wrote him a long letter explaining how I knew this was for the best and that this was the only way that he would be able to be the best missionary he could be. I even recorded myself reading it to him, because I didn't want him to take it the wrong way. This letter was sent off last Thursday, and I honestly had no idea how he would react to it. All I could do was trust in the Lord and PRAY that he would understand why it had to be this way. I could never live with myself if I were the reason that he had regrets about his mission.
I got an email from him today. He got my letter, and he completely agreed! He said that he had recieved a witness as well that this was for the best. He was having a hard time before the break up, but had an even harder time after. It was then, at the end of his rope that he heard a voice enter into his head simply stating the same thing I had said over and over in my letter (which he had not read yet). "God is in control." He said he felt an immediate peace, and has been fine ever since. I have felt that same way since the day after he broke up with me. God is in control.
It just never ceases to amaze me what the Lord does for me, and how he works. This experience has taught me so much about myself, and about the Lord. I love him so much! And I know for a fact that everything that happens is for a reason. I have more faith in Him right now then I ever have before! He is AMAZING! I love him!
So, anyway, Josh and I are still broken up, but definitely have hope for the future. He really is a great young man and I'm so glad that now he can fully concentrate. I am still writing him, but just as friends. Well, that's that. Sorry if this isn't very interesting...I just thought I'd give a little update! Love you! And may God bless you as he has blessed me!